What Red Ribbon Week is All About
Last month we recognized Red Ribbon Week, one of the longest running nationwide substance-abuse prevention campaigns. The week was about raising awareness, promoting advocacy, and sharing resources to help our friends and family who may be struggling with addictive substances. Unfortunately, since the start of the pandemic we have seen a prolific increase in those who are suffering and even dying from these substances. Opioid overdose is now the leading cause of death for those under 40 years old in our area, and these numbers continue to rise. However, we know there is still a chance to save and transform these lives that are at risk by offering support and solutions.
As individuals seek a path to recovery, we are happy to report that many of them have found Aspire. Our compassionate, comprehensive, and affordable support and services have helped thousands learn to cope as they go through the recovery process and get back to living healthy lives.
Below are some of the programs we provide throughout Central Florida:
- Call Center: Screening and information services for individuals seeking care for themselves or a family member. Emergency assessments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Call (407) 875-3700 and option 3.
- Addictions Receiving Facility: Medically-supervised “detox” and stabilization for adults, along with referrals for long-term support.
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program: FDA approved medications which assist individuals in reducing dependence and maintaining recovery.
- Men and Women’s Residential Program: Short-term residential therapy for adults with alcohol and drug dependency, as well as support for co-occurring mental health disorders in a structured, safe environment with 24/7 support.
- Oasis Adolescent Residential Campus: Residential treatment services for adolescent males and females including counseling, substance abuse education, relapse prevention, and other supportive services.
- Adult Outpatient Program: Medication management and mental health counseling tailored to individual needs.
Aspire will not deny services on inability to pay. We strive to make care affordable for all. We accept most major insurances, as well as Medicaid, and we make every effort to locate and secure supportive funding for those who cannot pay for care on their own. We work to ensure finances are never a barrier to the people in our community getting the help they need.
Please join us in continuing the tradition of Red Ribbon Week, and share these resources in your networks, among your friends, and on social media! We have all been deeply touched in profound and lasting ways by the events of the last 18 months, but I know we continue to be a community with compassion for those who are struggling around us.
Let’s use that care today and every day to join the conversation by sharing information that might save a life. You never know when your words may be just what someone needs to hear to make a change.
Thank you for doing your part.